Springfield Hockey League
If your son or daughter is interested in learning about hockey, but the time and money commitment seem daunting, the Springfield Hockey League (SHL) may be for you. SHL is a low-cost, in-house league designed to introduce the sport to boys and girls 4-15 years old and provide instruction from experienced coaches.
We strive to make hockey affordable, safe (no checking), and reasonable for parents (set times on set days). Our goal is to put smiles on faces and instill a love for hockey.
The rink is located at:
Springfield Country Club
400 Sproul Road
Springfield, PA 19064
SHL is open to boys and girls between the ages of 4 and 15 years of age regardless of previous experience.
- All skaters should have a little experience ice skating (e.g., be able to stop). We recommend that children who have never been on skates before attending skating clinics or take a few lessons prior to the start of the season.
- SHL operates on one continuous season from late September through early April.
- Players are scheduled to be on the ice at least once a week.
- All ice times are Saturday and Sunday, primarily in the morning, at Springfield Ice Rink.
- SHL is a no-checking league, minimizing the risk of injury to your child.
- An annual banquet is held for all players in the spring.